As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
1. ginsengsun #ad
50 Seeds Yaupon Holly Bush Seeds Ilex vomitoria #adginsengsun #ad
- Elliptic to ovate-oblong, leathery, broadleaf evergreen shrub or small tree that typically grows in an upright, glossy, irregularly branched form to 10-20’ tall and to 10’ wide, evergreen, dark green leaves to 1.5” long have toothed margins.
Topiary. Genus name comes from the latin name Quercus ilex for holm oak in reference to the foliage similarities holm oak and many of the shrubs in the genus Ilex have evergreen leaves. Birds are attracted to the fruit. This is a thicket-forming, but may grow taller in optimum conditions.
Flowers are fragrant but generally inconspicuous. Small greenish-white flowers appear on male and female plants in spring April. Yaupon holly bush-very popular in the deep south where it is often used as a hedge, is native to a variety of areas including sandy woods, often along the coastal plain and maritime forests, forest edges and wet swamps, windbreak or barrier.
Pollinated flowers on female plants give way to berry-like red infrequently yellow fruits 1/4” diameter which ripen in fall and persist into winter. Ilex vomitoria, commonly known as Yaupon, screen, open fields, dunes, from Virginia to Florida, Arkansas and Texas.
2. Florida Foliage #ad
Ilex Schilling Stokes Dwarf Yaupon Holly Vomitoria Qty 72 Fully Rooted Live Plants Evergreen Hedge #adFlorida Foliage #ad
- This dwarf evergreen shrub’s foliage has small, border, specimen, shiny green leaves that provide excellent shearing characteristics. Ideally used as a hedge, and around foundations. It is a selection of the native yaupon holly, Schilling's dwarf holly withstands drought when established and is highly salt-tolerant, which grows naturally without irrigation on the dunes along the Atlantic Ocean.
Growth rate is slow to moderate. This evergreen needs a regular water schedule to ensure the growth of a mature root system.
The first year of growth requires watering weekly. Tiny foliage on twiggy branches that takes well to shearing. Its globe shape growth habit reaches 2-3 feet tall. After the mature root system is established, watering is needed occasionally, except during a drought, watering is needed regularly.
Once mature, shearing is recommended to maintain desired shape. Search: florida foliage To View Our Full Collection. Growing well in sun or light shade in soils from dry to wet, making it ideally suited to seaside plantings. A tough plant that tolerates a range of soils conditions and can withstand drought or flooding. Dwarf, borders, evergreen shrub with tight branches that create a spreading mound excellent for low hedges, or around foundations.
|Brand||Florida Foliage #ad|
3. greg17086 #ad
Ilex vomitoria Yaupon Holly Tree Seeds! #adgreg17086 #ad
- 10 seeds of Ilex vomitoria. The wonderful yaupon holly is a pyramidal grower to 15 to 20 feet tall or more, but it’s real attribute is it’s bright red berries, although the small shiny green leaves are very nice as well.
The seeds of hollies do usually take a while to sprout, so please be patient.
4. koe #ad
Excellent Yaupon Holly Schillings Shrub Live Plant #TND48 1 Plant #adkoe #ad
- A favorite for foundations and along walkways, dwarf yaupon also has no spines on the leaves. A holly shrub that produces no berries, "Schillings" grows slowly and rarely needs trimmed. This popular shrub works for many years as a small, non-showy flowers in spring.
This auction is for 1 or 4 plant in 4"container as shown in pic. Attractive for its gray-green leaves with a hint of red in the new growth, this plant can be left untrimmed to grow into a naturally mounded shape in a more casual setting. It produces tiny, easily-maintained plant. Usda hardiness Zone: 7-9.
5. Cottage Hill #ad
Cottage Hill Holly Dwarf Yaupon, 2 Piece Live Plant, Green #adCottage Hill #ad
- Forms a dense mound of deep green foliage. Tolerates drought and salt spray and rarely needs trimming. Best suited for usda hardiness zones 7-11, but will perform well in colder zones with proper winter protection.
Your order contains 2 dwarf Yaupon 'Schillings Dwarf' in 2. 5 quart pots and a detailed planting guide. Prefers full sun to partial shade with mature size of 3' to 5' tall and 3' to 6' wide but can be pruned for a tidier habit.
6. N/ #ad
1-Gallon Plant, Yaupon Holly Schillings #adN/ #ad
- Ships to: United States. It produces tiny, non-showy flowers in spring. A holly shrub that produces no berries, dwarf yaupon also has no spines on the leaves. Attractive for its gray-green leaves with a hint of red in the new growth, this plant can be left untrimmed to grow into a naturally mounded shape in a more casual setting.
This is a moderate-growing shrub you can keep about 2 to 2-1/2 feet tall for many years. This popular shrub works for many years as a small, easily-maintained plant. Once it matures, expect to maintain it at around 3 feet.