As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
1. Outsidepride #ad
5000 Seeds, Outsidepride Irish Moss Ground Cover Plant Seed #adOutsidepride #ad
- It is also great to plant in-between stepping stones. Irish moss seed, also known as pearlwort, grows best in full sun or partial shade.
Sow 5000 seeds to cover 100 SF and starting growing your own plants. This low growing groundcover will get tiny white blooms on it during the summer months. Sagina subulata is the latin name for Irish moss plants.
This is the most popular ground cover plant seed Outsidepride sells. Keep sagina subulata seeds continually moist until germination and plant in USDA Zones 4 - 10 This low growing ground cover will only get 2 - 3 inches tall. One of the few groundcovers which is frequently used as a lawn alternative or substitute.
2. Utopia Seeds #ad
UtopiaSeeds Creeping Thyme Seeds, Purple, Landscaping Ground Cover, Approximately 8000 Seeds #adUtopia Seeds #ad
- Creeping thyme is a perennial herb which will over-winter well in zones 4-9. Good seed to soil contact is necessary for ideal germination rates. 8000 seeds will cover a large area but the seeds are very small and they come in a small packet.
Division of established plantings can be done in March and April. Creeping thyme is a popular and adaptive dwarf ground cover that is popular for landscape designs. Used often as borders on flower beds and in between pavers on walkways.
Can handle moderate foot traffic. Please note that creeping thyme seeds are tiny little seeds. Fall plantings should be avoided to protect against freeze damage. Direct sow seeds outdoors between may and august when temperatures are consistently in the high 60s or above. When planting, seeds should not be covered with soil, but rather pressed into the soil.
3. Outsidepride #ad
Outsidepride White Miniclover Seeds, 1/4 LB #adOutsidepride #ad
- Sow 1 - 2 pounds of clover seeds per 1, 000 SF. Many people also use this dwarf white clover for a ground cover when looking for a lawn alternative. Miniclover or this micro type clover is a trifolium repens seed used as a lawn alternative or ground cover.
You can grow this seed in usda zones 3 - 10 as a perennial. Miniclover is the perfect lawn alternative for those who want a no mow lawn.
Compared to white dutch clover, miniclover only gets half as tall and the leaf heads are only 1/3rd to 1/2 as large. Microclovers are much better than other white clovers for lawns. Miniclover is a perennial, white clover which only grows to approximately 4 - 6 inches tall after it is mowed a few times. Mix with current lawn as a natural fertilizer as clover fixes nitrogen from the air.
4. Jocadew #ad
Irish Moss Ground Cover Seeds Sagina Subulata jocad 800+ Seeds #adJocadew #ad
- The very tiny irish moss seeds create a moss-like, emerald-green foliage that forms a compact 1 - 2 inch tall carpet. Bloom season: spring and summer | bloom Color: White | Growth Rate: Moderate | Environment: Full sun to partial shade.
Irish moss ground cover Seeds Sagina Subulata jocad 800+ Seeds. Season: perennial | usda zones: 4 - 10 | height: 1 - 2 inches | Width: 6 - 12 inches. Sagina subulata ground cover is excellent for planting between flagstones.
5. Outsidepride #ad
Outsidepride Herniaria Glabra Green Carpet Ground Cover Plant Seeds, 10000 Seeds #adOutsidepride #ad
- This mat forming carpet only reaches approximately 3 inches in height making it a perfect lawn alternative or ground cover plant. Herniaria glabra green carpet rupturewort grows as a low growing perennial in USDA Zones 6 - 10 It doesn't need to be mowed and hardly needs watered.
Sow 3 - 5 seeds per cell or approximately 5000 seeds covers 100 square feet for lawn alternative or groundcover.
Not only can this be used as a lawn alternative, Herniaria gets a tap root on it instead of surface roots so it is very drought tolerant. Green carpet doesn’t really flower either so it doesn’t attract bees and there is no dead flowers to worry about it.